Sunday, March 29, 2020

Grief Support Resources

My mom took ill in early May of 2020  she died July 22, 2020.  The experience of both her dying and death were ones that no one had ever taught me to deal with and I found myself clueless on how to cope. What was terrible was that there were several institutions that I interacted with, her hospital, her rehab and the funeral folks who dealt with these issues all the time. And none of them offered my any guidance on how I or my siblings could  cope with what I and my siblings were  dealing with. What follows is some guidance...


Grief Support Groups

Reddit Grief Support   offers a  place to share stories, ask questions or seek advice. Grief affects every person in a different way every time. Whether you are grieving the dead, a relationship, a job, a pet, a place or an era you are welcome here.


Books 



Presence
https://www.reddit.com/r/GriefSupport/comments/3sl789/in_addition_find_someone_who_will_bear_witness_to/



Daily emails with a religious orientation 


The Dinner Party
The Dinner Party is a platform for grieving 20- and 30-somethings to find peer community and build lasting relationships. We screen, train and support a growing network of peer hosts, and connect them to 12-15 people nearby, who share a similar age and loss experience. What started as an experiment on a back deck in Los Angeles, has served well over 10,000 grieving young people to date. Today, 4,000+ active members gather bimonthly at 400+ local tables in over 100 cities and towns worldwide. We’ve been featured on NPR’s Morning Edition, On Being with Krista Tippet, CNN, NYT, O Magazine, BuzzFeed, and dozens of other publications, and as a case study in various books, including The Upside of Stress, The New Better Off, and The Power of Meaning https://www.thedinnerparty.org/


Memory Pillows








No comments:

Post a Comment